8.25.2008

Faith In Restaurant Week Restored

Two words: Henrietta's Table. In an earlier post, I wrote about how discouraged I had gotten with restaurant week. Luckily, I had a wonderful experience dining at Henrietta's Table. There, the restaurant week menu is the normal menu, and you get to pick an appetizer, an entree, a side, and a dessert. I had the rock crab and corn chowder (not a cream-based chowder and I loved it), the pork chop, red mashed potatoes, and the s'mores dessert. My roommate had the pot roast. I wasn't a huge fan of the flavor of the sauce on it, but it was cooked well and came apart easily with the touch of a fork. I think it makes a huge difference to be able to order the same food the chefs regularly prepare as opposed to something devised specifically for restaurant week. I must say the food was excellent, the service amazing, and the atmosphere friendly and welcoming. I immediately marked it as a restaurant I would return to and actually went there for brunch yesterday. Brunch was nearly as remarkable as dinner, except that my poached eggs were overcooked, the yolks all hardened. I can't really use that against them though as I haven't been somewhere in Boston for brunch yet that hasn't ruined my poached eggs.