3.15.2009

Book A Day: Julie & Julia


This is a timely recommendation with the movie version coming out soon. I have to say I was definitely excited when I heard this book was being made into a movie, and even more excited when I saw what an amazing Julia Child Meryl Streep portrays.

I would call Julie Powell's Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen a blogger's fairy tale. Powell is at that sort of mid-life crisis (before mid-life) and just decides to cook every one of Julia Child's recipes in Mastering the Art of French Cooking, and then she blogs about it. This book is her personal journey (yes, another one -- you can see what kind of books I'm into). It's funny and fun to read and also inspiring. I wish I had the time (and money) to make all of those recipes too!

If you have read this book, what did you think?

Remember, I'm away until March 20, so you won't get responses from me until then.