1.17.2011

Easy, Two-Ingredient Dip

Peppadew goat cheese dip

So I already mentioned this dip when I wrote about the Whole Foods blogger event back in December, but it's so good, it's worth re-mentioning, this time with a recipe. The dip I'm referring to is the simple, tasty peppadew and goat cheese dip.

After trying the dip at the blogger event, I was hooked and knew I would be making it myself soon after. Last weekend, we had some friends over for dinner, and I started racking my brain and recipe supply for some appetizer ideas when the dip popped into my head. I knew I would be busy preparing dinner and dessert that day, so the dip was the perfect appetizer to make: It consists of only two ingredients -- seriously, just two -- and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes, though I do suggest making it ahead of time and refrigerating it to let the flavors meld.


The two ingredients are peppadews and goat cheese. Peppadews are spicy, sweet red peppers and can be found on the salad bar at Whole Foods or in jars over by roasted peppers, capers, and things of that sort. They come in hot or mild, but I like the mild because they have just enough of a kick for me.



Goat cheese is a creamy, slightly tangy cheese that works well in so many recipes -- dips, desserts, and main courses alike.


Peppadew And Goat Cheese Dip (inspired by Whole Foods blogger event)

Ingredients

8-ounce log of goat cheese
20 peppadews, chopped

Preparation

In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat goat cheese on low speed for about 1 minute. Toss in the chopped peppadews, and continue beating until combined. Scrape the dip into a serving dish, cover, and refrigerate until about 20 minutes before party time.

(You can also use a handheld mixer or even a rubber spatula to mix up the dip. Just leave the goat cheese out for a bit to soften first.)

Serve with pita chips.

Peppadew goat cheese dip



Speaking of blogger events... is anyone attending the Boston Food Bloggers Launch Party tonight? If so, I'll see you there!