9.22.2010

Apples And Pumpkins To Celebrate The Official Arrival Of Fall

Happy first day of fall! (Well, technically it's tonight at 11:09, but who wants to get that technical?) Fall is, without a doubt, my favorite season. I often dream about living in a place where it's always fall. Words that come to mind when I think of fall are crisp, breezy, gusty, golden, colorful... I love crunching on leaves. I love the smell of the leaves. And I love the traditional foods of the season like apples, pumpkin, and squash.

I thought I'd share with you some fall dishes and desserts I've made that you might enjoy this season.

Apple-braised turkey

Apple crisps

Applesauce walnut coffee cake

Apple scrap tart

Dutch apple pie

Mini pumpkin whoopie pies

Potato and autumn vegetable hash

Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies

Pumpkin patch cupcakes

Spiced pumpkin, lentil, and goat cheese salad

What are your favorite fall dishes and desserts?