3.01.2011

March Events

So March is actually looking pretty quiet for me right now. I'm sort of afraid to say that because I just picture a flood of things coming up if I do. I'm sure you know how that goes.

Today I'm recovering from last night's Burger Battle -- I'll have a review for you soon -- and I'm heading to dinner at Petit Robert Central and a chocolate and wine event at the Boston Chocolate School tonight. I'm sure I'll have lots to tell you about that too!

On Saturday night (March 5), Jeff and I are going to Chef Will Gilson's Mother's Day in March event. Have you heard about this yet? Will has done a few pop-up restaurants in the Boston area in the past few months, and this time he is having a pop-up at the BCAE, being helped by some incredible local chefs, and donating all the proceeds to his mother. Will's mother, Jodie Gilson, owns J. Gilson Greenhouses and grows perennials and herbs. Her greenhouses were completely destroyed under the weight of this winter's snow, and with generous donations and the proceeds from this event, she will hopefully be able to rebuild them.

Ticket prices are steep, but it's for a very good cause, and with the lineup of chefs involved, it's sure to be an amazing event. (Who will be there? Louis DiBiccari, Jamie Bissonnette, Dante de Magistris, Joanne Chang, Christopher Myers, Andy Husbands, Colin Lynch, and more.)

We sprung for the $100 tickets, which will get us a 7 p.m. entry with wine, appetizers, and dinner. The $150 tickets get you a 6:30 pm entry with cocktails and oysters in addition to the wine, appetizers, and dinner. Finally, the $200 tickets get you everything the $150 tickets do plus front-row seats to the auction.

If you're interested, you can read more about the event or how to make a donation here.

On March 10, we're going to the Bruins game, and on March 27, Jen and I have another baking date.

See what I mean... an eerily quiet March. You know what they say... March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb!

Do you have any big plans in March?