4.16.2012

Blogger Friends Doing Amazing Things

There are so many people doing amazing things out there, but I just wanted to tell you about some of my friends whom I am really proud of and who I know would appreciate your support.



Meghan of Travel, Wine, and Dine is running the Boston Marathon today! This will be her third Boston Marathon, and she is running to raise money for the ALLY Foundation. You can read more about it over on her fundraising page. I know Meghan has been working really hard to raise money for the ALLY Foundation through fundraisers and other promotions, and I know she's also been training hard for the marathon. I can't even imagine running a marathon. I get up to 5 miles and that's good enough for me. I'm really proud of Meghan and excited for her, and I wish I had the day off so I could go cheer her on. If you see her on the course, make sure to cheer nice and loud! And don't forget, there's still time to support the ALLY Foundation.



Elina of Healthy and Sane took a gigantic leap and quit her job last year. She wasn't sure what she was going to do next, but after volunteering at Cooking Matters and helping out with classes, she figured out that she wanted to teach people how to cook and eat more healthfully. She just started her own business called Satisfied Cravings. She'll be holding private or semi-private lessons at her Back Bay condo. Her hope is that people in the area will want to come in during their lunch breaks to make a healthy meal for lunch and a dinner to take home. I've had Elina's food before, so I know it's good. She'd be a great person to learn from. If you're interested in learning to eat better meals and make the most of your lunch break, head over to Satisfied Cravings to check it out!



Jen of Beantown Baker and Fiona of A Boston Food Diary have teamed up to participate in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, a two day walk spanning 39 miles in May. These ladies have committed to raising $2,000 each for the Avon Foundation.

Jen has made breast cancer awareness part of her personal mission. In 2004, her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer at a young age. Since then, she and her family walk the Race for the Cure every year. She has raised nearly $5,000 since 2010 by participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.

Fiona has watched countless friends stand strong as their family members, or themselves, have battled this disease. Wishing she could do more, but never knowing what to do,  this year, as another friend's mother has entered into this fight, she decided to join Jen in her walk to find a cure.

Please help support them by participating in their blogger bake sale. You can find more information and register to bake over at Bloggers Bake for Hope!

Do you know any other bloggers who are doing amazing things? Feel free to give them a shoutout here!