4.23.2012

Stuff I'm Currently Lovin'

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a good weekend. I was in Connecticut all weekend for my cousin's fiancee's bridal shower. It was a lot of fun and I got to catch up with some extended family members I haven't seen in a while, but between the festivities and all the driving, I'm already ready for another weekend!

As you can probably tell from my posts, I haven't been cooking as much lately, and when I have been cooking, I haven't been making anything really extravagant. I'll have a few simple dishes coming soon, but in the meantime I just wanted to share some of the things I'm currently loving with you guys...

Ben & Jerry's Greek Frozen Yogurts

Ok, I'm obsessed. I first tried the Raspberry Fudge Chunk flavor and was immediately hooked on the tangy frozen yogurt. I love the large chunks of chocolate too. It's gotten to the point where I plan to go to the store just to get my Greek frozen yogurt fix, and then we do some other grocery shopping while we're there. I've also tried (and really like) the Strawberry Shortcake one and plan to try the other two flavors (Peanut Butter Banana and Blueberry Vanilla Graham) as well. I make myself take four days to eat a pint, even though I really want to finish it all in one sitting!

KIND Bars

I take a KIND bar to work with me almost every morning. I usually just pick a few different flavors out every time I go to Whole Foods, and I've loved all the ones I've tried so far. They all taste amazing, have a great texture, and keep me feeling full. My favorites are definitely Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter + Protein and Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew + Antioxidants (are you seeing a theme here?). I've recently discovered that KIND makes granola too, though I've yet to come across it in stores. You can bet I'll be trying it if I ever manage to find it.

Nespresso

I probably don't talk about it often enough here, but I absolutely love my Nespresso machine. Jeff and I treat ourselves to lattes and macchiattos on the weekends--when we don't have to quickly throw back a cup of coffee and get to work. We have flavored syrups and caramel so we can really go all out if we want. Jeff usually makes a caramel macchiatto, and I usually make lattes with Silk vanilla soy milk. Nespresso recently sent me samples of a new limited edition flavor called Naora. I tried it on its own and found it to have a bitter edge that gave way to juicy, sweet berry flavors. I love that Nespresso is always coming out with new flavors.

Zico Passionfruit Coconut Water

It took me a while to get on the coconut water bandwagon, and even now, Zico's passionfruit flavor is the only one I truly enjoy drinking (and the most difficult flavor to find--just my luck). And this may sound weird, but I also prefer drinking it through a straw. While I'm not going to comment on whether the claims about coconut water are true, I will say it definitely makes me feel better if I drink it on mornings after I've had a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. It just gets rid of that grogginess and makes me feel really hydrated.

What are you loving these days?