9.18.2011

30's Not So Bad


Actually it's pretty great so far! My weekend was filled with surprises, incredible friends and family, delectable food, amazing cakes, and thoughtful gifts!

Surprise lunch with Jeff, my mom, and my brother in Salem!

Chocolate cake from Edible Dreams

Celebrating my 30th and my brother's 16th

Cutting the cake

Mmm!

After lunch and cake, we all wandered around Salem for a bit and checked out the Salem Witch Museum. Then Jeff and I headed back home to get ready to "go out to dinner." We left just before 7, drove for about 10 minutes, and then Jeff claimed he left his wallet at home. We came back, walked in, and I saw our counter covered with food. I walked around the corner to be greeted with "Surprise!" Jeff had invited a bunch of my friends over, and they all brought food and threw me the best surprise party!


This cake was inspired by some Photoshopping my friend and former co-worker did when I got my new job. Jeff sent the photo to our friend who is super-talented and makes the most amazing cakes, and he used the picture to make this awesome 30th birthday cake for me!

Friends getting ready to try some cake

More chocolate! People seriously know me!

Presents!




My new baby!

Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so much fun and so memorable!

37 comments:

Emily said...

That was the coolest cake (well, they were both excellent but the CI design was incredible!), So fun to celebrate - hope you enjoy the new camera!

nicole said...

that is a fanastic cake! happy belated bday

Elizabeth said...

Yay birthday! :) Happy birthday again, it was so fun celebrating last night. I may or may not have eaten the cake I brought home for breakfast and now wishing I had more :P

Olga @ MangoTomato said...

oooh la la!! love the cake, the new dishes and the camera. fun!

Meghan M. said...

SO bummed I missed this! But happy that I didn't spill the surprise, that is always a huge fear of mine!
Just means we need to celebrate another time, extending your birthday :)

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday!!! That cake is amazing! I need to hire your cake maker to make my boyfriend a cake for his bday (the 27th)!

DeliciousDish said...

I can definitely put you in touch with him if you're interested!

Michelle Collins said...

We were just at the Salem Witch Museum today! Glad you had such a great birthday!!

Sacha @ Eating In or Out said...

Happy Birthday again! You have to show everyone at work the awesome CI cake. I'm always impressed when someone can pull off a complete surprise.

MelissaNibbles said...

Wow! That's an amazing cake! What a cool surprise party. Happy Birthday!

Lena said...

What a great birthday surprise! And I agree with Sacha, that cake is awesome :)

FunandFearlessinBeantown said...

I'm sorry that I didn't get back from Amherst in time for your party but I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday weekend!

Taryn Collins said...

Such fun birthday festivities, and delicious eats! And I love all of your gifts - you got some great new toys. Happy (belated) birthday!

Shannon said...

glad you had such a fun birthday weekend! have fun playing with your new toys :)

Justin Ide said...

Damn Megan, 30 is treating you VERY, VERY well indeed! Great surprise party and love the cake! Happiest of Birthdays! Justin

Renee {Eat.Live.Blog} said...

I concur....amazing cake :) Happy birthday, I'm glad you had such a great day!

nat(thesweetslife) said...

happy birthday again! it sounds like you had an amazing birthday--what a great surprise! :) you will love the camera!!!

DeliciousDish said...

Thank you! (And I do love the camera... just need to learn how to use it!)

DeliciousDish said...

Thank you so much!

DeliciousDish said...

Thank you! 30 is going to be a great year if it keeps up like this!

DeliciousDish said...

Thank you so much!

DeliciousDish said...

Thanks, Taryn!

DeliciousDish said...

No worries! But I did miss you oh so much!

DeliciousDish said...

Thank you!

DeliciousDish said...

Me too. I can't believe I didn't suspect anything!

DeliciousDish said...

Thank you!

DeliciousDish said...

I was bummed too. I ran over to Jeff and I was like, "You invited Meghan, right?" :) Missed you!

DeliciousDish said...

Thanks! I might need some photography lessons!

DeliciousDish said...

Thank so much for coming! And you know where to find more cake. :)

DeliciousDish said...

Thank you!

DeliciousDish said...

Thank you for celebrating with me!

beantownbaker said...

That cake (and everything else) was amazing!

The Healthy Apple said...

Happy Birthday; love your camera! So happy for you. Hope you had a fabulous day!

Daisy said...

how cute are you and your bro cutting the cake! what fantastic ways to celebrate 30!!! Happy Belated birthday once again. so sorry i couldnt be there to celebrate, the suprise party look like so much fun!

Reeni said...

Happy Belated Birthday chocolate-loving girl! Enjoy your gifts! I love that camera - it's on my wish list...

DeliciousDish said...

Thank you!!

Eliana said...

Awww - how sweet. Sorry about this being late but Happy Belated Birthday :)