12.01.2010

December Happenings

After September (my birthday month), December might just be my favorite month. As soon as Christmas carols start playing, I get into the holiday mood. I love decorating for Christmas, baking Christmas cookies, making Christmas candies, and even going Christmas shopping.

As they say... It's the most wonderful time of the year!

December 2 -- Dinner with blogger friends at the Met Back Bay
I'm having dinner with some friends at the Met Back Bay. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the Met restaurants. I haven't been all that impressed with the food at other locations, but I'm going into it with an open mind and hoping the Back Bay location can win me over. Plus, I really love the crew I'm dining with, so it's bound to be a fun evening!

December 3-5 -- Weekend in Maine
My mom and I usually go to Freeport and Kittery every November over Veteran's Day weekend. This year we were on a cruise instead, so we moved our trip to December.

A pastry chef I worked with at Flour now works at Clara's Cupcake Cafe in York Beach, so we are planning to stop there on the way to say hi and get some snacks. Then breaking from tradition, we're going to spend the afternoon in Portland. I've been hearing so much about Rabelais and Le Roux Kitchen that I need to go there for myself now. And then we're going to try to get a table at Fore Street for dinner (fingers crossed).

On Friday night after dinner, we'll head to Freeport and stay at our usual B&B in town. We'll check in, drop off our stuff, and make our traditional late night stop at LL Bean. We'll spend Saturday shopping in Freeport, and we'll swing through Kittery on our way home on Sunday.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get all my holiday shopping done over the weekend!

December 8 -- Blogger event at Whole Foods
I love Whole Foods, so when I got invited to an event there, I immediately said yes! This one is going to focus on affordable holiday entertaining. Can't wait to share some tips with all of you!

December 13 - Urban Grape Holiday Party
Who can turn down wine and shopping? All the details are here.

December 24 -- Christmas Eve
Every year we go to my aunt's house for Christmas Eve and visit with my dad's side of the family. There's always tons of great food including some of my favorites -- quiche and pierogi.

December 25 -- Christmas
We spend the day in pajamas, opening presents, watching Christmas movies, and of course eating.

December 27 -- NYC
This year, my mom's giving all of us train tickets to NYC, and we're going to spend the day in the city. Part of the plan includes checking out the King Tut exhibit and having a fun and hearty lunch at Carmine's. (I haven't been, but my younger siblings are apparently obsessed with the garlic bread.)

December 31 -- New Year's Eve
We're still finalizing our plans, but it sounds like we'll be heading to a friend's house to celebrate. I'm sure I'll be making some fun dishes or desserts to tell you about after.



What are you looking forward to in December?